GFOUNDRY SOLUTIONS BY INDUSTRIES
Logistics and Transportation
Critical Connections: Addressing Challenges and Innovating for Success.
Logistics and transportation play a crucial role in the global economy, providing the essential links that enable the movement of goods and people. This industry faces a unique set of challenges that can impact its operations and bottom line. From supply chain disruptions to driver shortages, there are many issues that require efficient and effective solutions.
Logistics and Transportation Industry challenges
1. Driver Shortages One of the biggest challenges facing the transportation industry is a shortage of drivers. As experienced drivers retire, and fewer young people enter the industry, many companies are struggling to find qualified drivers to fill the positions.
2. High Staff Turnover One of the biggest challenges of this industry is high staff turnover. Companies often struggle to retain their employees, with many leaving for better pay, more flexible working hours or better opportunities for advancement. This high staff turnover can lead to a loss of talent and knowledge within the company, as well as increased costs associated with recruitment and training.
3. Cost management Logistics and transportation companies need to manage their costs effectively to remain competitive. This can be challenging due to factors such as fuel costs, maintenance expenses, and labor costs.
4. Regulatory compliance The industry is heavily regulated, and companies must comply with a variety of regulations, including safety regulations, environmental regulations, and transportation regulations.
5. Capacity constraints Capacity constraints can occur due to factors such as driver shortages, limited warehouse space, and limited transportation capacity. These constraints can lead to delays, higher costs, and reduced customer satisfaction.
6. Supply chain disruptions The logistics and transportation industry is vulnerable to supply chain disruptions, such as natural disasters, political instability, and pandemics. These disruptions can impact the industry’s ability to transport goods and can lead to delays, increased costs, and reduced customer satisfaction.
7. Technology adoption The industry is becoming increasingly technology-driven, and companies that do not adopt new technologies risk falling behind their competitors. However, implementing new technologies can be challenging due to the need for investment, training, and integration with existing systems.
8. Customer expectations Customers are becoming more demanding in terms of delivery speed, flexibility, and transparency. Meeting these expectations can be challenging for logistics and transportation companies, particularly those that have complex supply chains.
How can GFoundry’s platform help address these challenges?
7. Managing Seasonal Staff
This industry often relies on seasonal staff to meet the demands of peak periods such as holidays and sales events.
However, managing seasonal staff can be challenging, with the need to recruit and train large numbers of staff in a short period of time.
GFoundry provides manufacturing companies with the tools they need to efficiently manage their seasonal staff. By providing online training resources, you can ensure your seasonal staff are trained and ready to start work quickly.
Our solution also provides tools for tracking employee progress and performance, making it easier to manage and evaluate seasonal staff.
8. Internal Communication
Effective internal communication is crucial for any business. GFoundry’s internal communication platform allows companies to create a streamlined communication process that keeps employees informed and engaged.
This platform can help retailers to create an open and transparent culture, improve collaboration, and enhance overall productivity. Know more here.
9. Pre-Onboarding & Onboarding
Starting a new job can be overwhelming for employees.
That’s why GFoundry provides an onboarding platform that allows companies to create a welcoming and informative environment for new hires. This platform can help retailers to automate the onboarding process, provide easy access to information, and create personalized learning paths for each employee. Know more here.
Employee recognition is crucial for building a positive workplace culture and increasing employee motivation.
GFoundry’s recognition platform allows retailers to create a culture of recognition where employees can praise and reward each other for their hard work and contributions. This platform can help to boost employee morale, increase engagement, and improve overall job satisfaction. Know more here.
11. Belonging and Diversity
In today’s diverse workforce, it’s important for companies to create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and supported.
GFoundry’s belonging and diversity solution allows companies to create a culture that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. You can create a welcoming environment for all employees, promote diversity and inclusion initiatives, and foster a sense of belonging. Read more here.
12. Innovation Management
Innovation is crucial for retailers to stay ahead of the curve and remain competitive.
GFoundry’s innovation management solutions allows companies to encourage and manage employee ideas and innovations.
This platform can help companies to create a culture of innovation, promote new ideas, and identify opportunities for growth and development. Read more here.
13. Goals Management - OKR
Effective goal management is crucial for any business to achieve its objectives and drive growth.
GFoundry’s goals management solution allows to set, track, and manage employee goals and objectives. This platform can help to improve employee performance, align employee objectives with business goals, and drive overall business success. Read more here.
14. Performance & Potential Evaluation
Effective performance and potential evaluation is crucial for any retail business to identify top talent and develop its workforce.
GFoundry’s performance and potential evaluation solution allows retailers to assess employee performance and potential. Read more here.
15. Pulse surveys and feedback
One of the strategies that can combat Job Hopping is constant feedback and listening to employees. In addition to pulse surveys, it is important to present paths and opportunities within the organization. Know more here.
16. Compensation and benefits
To ensure that your organization attracts the most qualified candidates and retains them with competitive compensation and benefits packages, it is important to understand, beyond compensation, what non-financial benefits each person or group of people values most.
You can use GFoundry’s Comparisons module and allow employees to choose the benefits that suit them best from the benefits available.
17. Communication breakdowns
Poor communication between employees and their supervisors can result in errors or delays in critical operations, leading to customer dissatisfaction, fines or capital losses.
Organizations must develop clear and effective communication channels, including standardized handover processes, to ensure that important information is communicated effectively among the entire internal community.
The GFoundry platform includes a powerful gamification engine, which can be used to make various processes more engaging and motivating.
This can be especially useful for employees who may be struggling with disengagement issues, as it can make personal development and career management processes more motivating.
Gamification can offer benefits across multiple human resource processes, allowing you to align, develop and motivate your employees more effectively. Know more here.
A BUSINESS-BOOSTING TOOL
Turn your workforce’ KPIs into a game!
With the Competitions module, you can create competitions using your own data, and make your teams more aligned, motivated and resilient, creating individual, tribe or team dynamics.
Delivery Performance Competition
The success of a transport company is measured, in part, by the performance of its deliveries. Therefore, it is essential that the incidences of driver deliveries are reduced to a minimum, so that the level of customer satisfaction is as high as possible.
With GFoundry, you can create competitions between drivers for the lowest incidences! This way, the ranking can position the drivers in ascending order of number of incidences per month, ensuring that you can reward and recognise the employees with the lowest number of incidences in their deliveries.
Measure sales, contacts and other objectives. Commercial teams in organisations are responsible for sales processes.
Therefore, their goals are usually linked to sales volume. With GFoundry, you can create monthly sales competitions, where the best performing employees can receive badges and rewards for their performance!
Measuring the number of contacts and their effectiveness
With the GFoundry platform, you can create competitions for the performance of call center employees by the number of contacts made by each one, or even divided into teams.
For example, the competition may be organised by teams, in which each team gathers the number of contacts made by each individual member of the team. At the end, the team can be rewarded and recognised for its performance, while at the same time allowing for greater interaction between team members so that they can achieve the desired results.
Meet some real use cases in this industry
Knowing real cases helps to understand the potential of the GFoundry platform and shows how some companies have solved and achieved some of their challenges.
DPD: more motivated drivers = better results
An organisation open to innovation, capable and motivated people, and above all with the will to make things different: these…